Grand Casino Tops List of Top 10 Central MN Tourist Attractions
Grand Casino Mille Lacs in Onamia saw about 1,406,904 people in 2017.
Minnesota's tourism department Explore MN released data regarding the top tourist attractions in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.
The Top 40 included Mall of America, Bloomington (40,000,000), Como Park, St. Paul (5,367,400), Como Park, St. Paul (5,367,400), Target Field, Minneapolis (2,131,787), Minnesota State Fair (1,997,320), and Minnesota Zoo (1,300,000). Notably, no Central Minnesota attractions made the Top 40 list.
- Mall of America, Bloomington – 40,000,000
- Chain of Lakes Regional Park, Minneapolis – 7,063,500
- Como Park, St. Paul – 3,357,400
- National Sports Center, Blaine – 4,100,000
- Central Mississippi Riverfront Regional Park, Mpls. – 2,782,800
- Mississippi Gorge Regional Park, Mpls./St. Paul – 2,734,300
- Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center & Park, Duluth – 2,526,322
- Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul – 2,200,000
- Target Field, Minneapolis – 2,131,787
- Minnehaha Park, Minneapolis – 2,051,000
However, Explore MN did share additional data breaking down top tourist attractions by Minnesota's five regions -- Metro, Central, Northeast, Northwest and Southern.
Topping Central Minnesota's list of top 10 tourist attractions was Grand Casino Mille Lacs in Onamia (1,406,904). St. Cloud's Paramount Theater ranked 9th at 90,000. Here's the full list:
- GRAND CASINO MILLE LACS Onamia Attendance: 1,406,904
- SIBLEY STATE PARK New London Attendance: 258,226
- LAKE CARLOS STATE PARK Carlos Attendance: 187,061
- CUYUNA COUNTRY STATE RECREATION AREA Crosby Attendance: 185,613
- MAPLEWOOD STATE PARK Pelican Rapids Attendance: 154,597
- MILLE LACS KATHIO STATE PARK Onamia Attendance: 132,210
- CARLOS CREEK WINERY Alexandria Attendance: 114,000
- CROW WING STATE PARK Brainerd Attendance: 104,492
- PARAMOUNT THEATRE St. Cloud Attendance: 90,000
- GLACIAL LAKES STATE PARK Starbuck Attendance: 56,731
Keep in mind, all numbers are 2017 statistics.