Here’s When and Where You Can Throw Away Your Christmas Tree
The holidays have come and gone, and it's time to reset the house for a new year.
Here's when and where you can throw away your Christmas tree or have it picked up:
The Public Works Department has designated Monday, January 8 and Monday, January 22, 2018 for its annual collection of Christmas trees.Residents who wish to use this option are asked to do the following:
- Attach a clear city yard waste bag (green bag is also acceptable) to the tree and make it clearly visible to collection crews. The bag can be tied to a branch or around the lower trunk
- Place the tree in the normal refuse collection area by 6:00 am on pick up date
- Remove all decorations or other attachments. Trees containing metal or cement stands will not be picked up
- Wreaths are not acceptable for recycling because they contain wire
Questions can be directed to the Public Works Department at (320) 650-2900
Monticello, MN Residents
Christmas tree pickup is the week of January 8-13, 2018.
- Trees must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on Monday morning.
- Trees will be picked up throughout the week.
- All trees must be un-bagged and free of stands, ornaments, wires, lights, etc. because they are brought to Public Works for chipping.
- Wreaths will not be picked up.
If you miss tree pickup, we will not come back to get your tree. However, you can bring it to the Public Works Facility (901 Golf Course Road) and leave it in the designated tree area by the compost bins. Trees will be accepted at the Public Works facility through the end of January.
Please call (763) 295-3170 with any questions.