Aldi Plans to Go Full Organic And Bans Pesticides
My family has been shopping at Aldi in Waite Park for years. We love the prices, all the organic produce for so much less, and the fantastic quality and return policies. For instance, I bought asparagus and it wasn’t the best and little stinky. I brought it back to the store. Not only did they apologize but they gave me a full refund and replaced the product.
This is the only grocery store I can go to and get an entire backseat filled with groceries for less than one hundred dollars. During the last years, retailer Aldi is making a name as a health-oriented supermarket which pleases food-conscious shoppers.
Starting from January 1st, 2017, the food chain decided to remove the following eight pesticides from all products sold in the United States: Sulfoxaflor, Thiamethoxam, Fipronil, Chlorpyrifos, Imidacloprid, Deltamethrin, Clothianidin, and Cypermethrin. I honestly can’t even pronounce them.
This company made additional changes to boost quality:
- Expanding their variety of organic food brands, adding more gluten-free items, and eliminating artificial ingredients from products.
- Their private-label products lack certified synthetic colors, partially hydrogenated oils, and MSG.
- Dairy products like cottage cheese, yogurt, and sour cream now lack artificial growth hormones.
- Their offer involves high-end foods like quinoa, artisan cheeses, smoked salmon, and coconut oil.
- No antibiotics, hormones, additives or animal by-products are added to the “Never Any!” brand of meats.
- The SimplyNature line and their gluten-free liveGfree brand will be expanded as well
Additionally, the existing Aldi stores get brighter lights, larger aisles, less-cluttered shelves, and larger refrigeration space. Aldi also offers meal kits to make life easy for busy families like mine and alternative kinds of milk, such as soy and almond.
Aldi is definitely health conscious, and are starting a trend among other supermarkets. The goal of being healthier and more health focused. The prices are so low at Aldi due to not paying for the big brands. You also have to remember to bring your own bags.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PcF0iZLUYGE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>