COVID-19 Frontline Workers Get Free Starbucks Through December
As a big thank you to the workers on the frontlines battling COVID-19, Starbucks will be giving away free cups of coffee to health care workers and first responders. Virginia Tenpenny, Starbucks vice president, Global Social Impact, said in a news release:
It has been an extraordinarily difficult year, especially for the front-line responders who are serving our communities. We want to show our deep gratitude for those who support and protect us every day with a small gesture of kindness and a cup of coffee.
Starbucks will be offering a free tall brewed coffee (hot or iced) throughout the month of December to show appreciation for those keeping our communities safe during COVID-19. To receive this free coffee you just need to identify yourself at Starbucks as a front-line responder to COVID-19.
Here is who is deemed eligible as a frontline worker:
- public health workers
- fire fighters
- law enforcement officers
- dentists and dental hygienists
- mental health workers (therapist, psychologist, social worker, counselor, etc.)
- hospital staff such as janitor/housekeeping/security
- military on active duty
- contact tracers
- vaccine and pharmaceutical researchers
- flight attendants
- medical researchers
This free cup of coffee isn't the only thing the company is doing to give back. Starbucks also donated $100,000 to National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to support virtual mental health resources for front-line responders, and the company has plans to surprise 50,000 front-line responders with care packages and gift cards throughout the holidays.
There are four starbucks locations in the St. Cloud area where frontline workers can score their coffee:
- East Side Target (120 Lincoln Ave SE, St Cloud, MN 56304)
- Crossroads Mall Target (4201 W Division St, St Cloud, MN 56301)
- Division Street (2860 W Division St, St Cloud, MN 56301)
- Marketplace Shopping Center (124 2nd St S, Waite Park, MN 56387)
6 Easy Ways to Support Small Businesses in Central Minnesota