Here’s What You Can Expect At The Twins Home Opener
I'm soooo excited! Baseball is back! The Minnesota Twins will open the baseball season at Target Field this year and it looks like the weather will be pretty good. There will be a lot of things going on leading up to the game. Here's what you'll see if you choose to check it out...
- 6 to 9 am – Breakfast on the Plaza – Fans are invited to drive, walk or bike down 7th Street (adjacent to the Majestic Twins Clubhouse Store) and grab a free ballpark breakfast. Free food and beverages will be available, courtesy of Twins partners Schweigert™, Sheboygan, Caribou Coffee, Chick-Fil-A, Fisher Nuts, Old Dutch, Mauer Sports Nutrition and Pepsi. Additionally, fans will be able to take photos, enter to win tickets, receive gift cards from Supercuts and hear a live broadcast of the WCCO Morning News with Dave Lee.
- 1:00 pm – Gates open – Twins legends Rod Carew, Tony Oliva and Kent Hrbek will open their namesake ballpark entrances, joining Casey Killebrew (Harmon’s grandson) at Gate #3 and franchise icon Tom Kelly, along with Kirby Puckett, Jr. and Catherine Puckett at Gate 34, to assist in officially opening the Target Field gates and welcoming fans for the 2019 season.
- Local vendors in the food, beverage and retail space, all hailing from throughout Twins Territory, highlight the opening of the new Gate 34 Experience.
- The National Anthem will be Minneapolis songwriter and performer Sean Tillman (aka Har Mar Superstar).
- The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by 2006 American League MVP, four-time All-Star and current FSN analyst Justin Morneau.
- A flyover will feature two F-16s from the Minnesota Air National Guard’s 148th Fighter Wing, based out of Duluth.
- Fireworks will accompany introductions of the 2019 Twins.
- Joining in the Opening Day spirit, a multitude of local buildings will be lit in Twins colors at various points throughout the week of March 25th: the IDS Building, Nicollet Mall, the Lowry Avenue Bridge and the 35W Bridge.