Make Your Own Wine Gummy Bears
I am a total Wine-o. I love wine red, white, sparkling, you name it. I am always looking for new ideas for party favors. I was looking online and found wine gummy bears. Cute and delicious. I read a handful of reviews and thought I need to try these out myself. The recipe is simple and not too time consuming. Because, lets be honest who has a ton of time. Only takes an hour and a half start to finish.
I do love Rosé, but I thought why stop there? I’m going to make wine gummy bears of all types. Red, White, and Rosé. Something for all wine lovers.
If you’re like me and want to keep them boozy, make sure you monitor it closely with a candy thermometer. To retain the alcohol, it needs to stay at 160 degrees or below.
I think they truly turned out to be tasty. The red wine gummy bears are my favorite.
If I made them again I would like to do some fun variations, like maybe mix some peach juice with some Moscato for the white wine version.
WINE GUMMY BEARS RECIPE (RED, WHITE, & ROSÉ)
THESE HOMEMADE GUMMY BEARS ARE FLAVORED WITH RED WINE, WHITE WINE, AND ROSÉ.
PREP TIME:5 mins
COOK TIME:90 mins
TOTAL TIME:1 hour 35 mins
1 Cup Wine
1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons powdered Gelatin
1 drop pink food coloring (if making Rosé Gummy Bears)
2–3 Gummy Bear Molds
- Place the wine, sugar and gelatin in a saucepan over medium low heat (if you want to keep the alcohol in, make sure to keep under 160 degrees). Whisk for 2-3 minutes or until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. (Stir in the pink food coloring if making Rosé gummy bears)
- Using a glass measuring cup with a spout, pour the mixture over the gummy bear molds. Use an offset spatula to get rid of the excess and ensure all the molds are filled.
- Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
- When gelatin has set, bears will easily pop out from mold.
- Store uneaten wine gummy bears in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This recipe makes about 125 gummy bears.