Minnesota is 2019’s Best State to Raise a Family
Good news fellow Minnesotans, according to a new study by WalletHub, it looks like the Land of 10,000 Lakes is the best state to raise a family in 2019.
In determining which states are the most family-friendly, the WalletHub number crunchers looked at things like education & child care, health & safety, family fun opportunities, affordability, and several socio-economic factors.
Raising a Family in Minnesota
(1=Best, 25=Average, 50=Worst)
- 10th – % of Families with Young Kids
- 18th – Child-Care Costs (Adjusted for Median Family Income)
- 13th – Infant-Mortality Rate
- 1st – Median Family Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 11th – Violent-Crime Rate
- 2nd – % of Families in Poverty
- 14th – Housing Affordability
- 13th – Unemployment Rate
- 3rd – Separation & Divorce Rate
The Top-5 Family Friendly States
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
The five worst states in the study are: Alabama (#46), West Virginia (#47), Louisiana (#48), Mississippi (#49), and New Mexico (#50).
How Did Our Neighborhood Fare?
- #1 - Minnesota
- #3 - North Dakota
- #7 - Wisconsin
- #11 - South Dakota
- #15 - Iowa
It's good to be us! You can see the full state-by-state report HERE.