Red Flag Warning Issued for Much of Minnesota
UNDATED (WJON News) -- The National Weather Service in Twin Cities/Chanhassen has issued a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from noon until 8:00 p.m. Tuesday.
We'll have northwest winds at 20 to 25 mph with gusts near 30 mph.
Also, the humidity will be 15 to 25 percent. Even lower humidities are possible.
Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Get our free mobile app
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Weather Outlook for May: What Minnesotans Can Expect
- Polaris Shipping Out All Electric Ranger ATVs
- Minnesota Lost 120 Newspapers, 70% of Employees Since 2000
- Minnesota Deputies Arrest Man for 35th Time
- Milk & Honey Ciders Announces Summer Concert Schedule
LOOK: Here are the states where you are most likely to hit an animal
Hitting an animal while driving is a frightening experience, and this list ranks all 50 states in order of the likelihood of such incidents happening, in addition to providing tips on how to avoid them.