Today is National Voter Registration Day
Today is National Voter Registration Day. In Minnesota, 9 out of 10 eligible voters are already registered. Are you?
Minnesota offers online voter registration. You can register to vote by mail in Minnesota by printing a copy of the National Voter Registration Form, filling it out, and mailing it to your local election office. You can also register to vote in person if you prefer.
The deadline to register to vote in person is Tuesday, November 6. Contact your local election office for information on when and where to register to vote. You can also register to vote and cast a ballot in person on Election Day. Learn more by visiting the Secretary of State for Minnesota or contacting your local election official.
Minnesota Voter Registration Requirements
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Minnesota for 20 days before the next election
- Maintain residence at the address given on the registration form
- Be at least 18 years old on election day
- If previously convicted of a felony, your felony sentence has expired or been completed, or you have been discharged from the sentence
- Must not be under a court-ordered guardianship in which the right to vote has been revoked
- Must not be found by a court to be legally incompetent to vote