Truly Is Making Boozy Ice Cream, Here’s How to Get It In MN
Let me kick this off by saying I do not enjoy hard seltzer drinks. I prefer my water to be flat, flavorless, and alcohol-free. I imagine hard seltzers have the same taste as TV static.
I was super skeptical of the Truly Lemonade Hard Seltzers because of my aversion to the style of drink, but fell in love with these. They have enough of a lemonade and fruit flavor base to hide the fact that they are a seltzer, and actually taste like something other than fizz and sadness.
Then I was surprised with the information that Truly has partnered with an ice cream company known for making boozy blends for their own line of adult ice cream. Tipsy Scoop is the New York company they are pairing with to make this happen.
Each of the four flavors of Truly Lemonade will get its own boozy sorbet or ice cream. Classic lemonade, mango, black cherry, and strawberry will all be turned into a refreshing summer treat.
- Truly Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet: strawberry sorbet infused with Truly Strawberry Lemonade
- Truly Mango Lemonade Sorbet: mango sorbet with lemon, infused with Truly Mango Lemonade
- Truly Original Lemonade Ice Cream: lemon ice cream infused with Truly Original Lemonade
- Truly Black Cherry Lemonade Ice Cream: lemon ice cream infused with black cherry liqueur and Truly Black Cherry Lemonade
So how do we get our hands on these in Minnesota? They are available for order directly from Tipsy Scoop's website. It's going to cost you though, $48 will get you a pint of each, and that is before shipping costs are added. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Maybe. I want to try it myself but I'm not sure I'm willing to drop $50+ on ice cream.
Here is an idea if you are like me and don't want to drop the dough on this:
- 1 can of Truly Strawberry Lemonade Hard Seltzer
- A couple scoops of your favorite strawberry sorbet
Scoop ice cream into a glass, pour Truly Lemonade over it, and enjoy. It's gotta have a similar effect, right?
10 Satisfying Things Only Minnesotans Understand: Summer Edition