Two Central MN High Schools Make ‘U.S. News’ Top-20
A pair of Central Minnesota schools have made the 2018 U.S. News & World Report Top-20 in their annual ranking of Minnesota High Schools.
In ranking the schools, the report looked at four main factors:
- Students exceeded expectations in their states.
- Under-served students performed better than the state average.
- Student graduation rates met a threshold.
- Students were prepared for college-level coursework.
The area's top performer according to the report is Long Prairie Grey Eagle Secondary School -- coming in at #3 for high marks in advanced placement participation, state test performance, and college ready students.
The other school cracking Minnesota's Top-20 for 2018 is Sartell High School -- sitting at #19 on the state list.
Wondering about other area schools? Here more that were ranked among the Top-50 in the survey:
- Rogers Senior High #32
- Elk River Senior High #33
- Brainerd High School #38
- St. Michael-Albertville Senior High #47
You can find the full report from U.S. News & World Report HERE.