Best Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
Last Saturday my kids woke up and before even getting dressed for the day, they had their snow gear on and outside they went to make snowballs. It was the 1st snowfall so I couldn't blame them for being excited. I decided to make them apple crisp since we had a lot of apples from Collegeville Orchards that we picked up the other day when we were out there picking out pumpkins.
This was the easiest apple crisp recipe I could find online. If I knew it was this easy to throw together I would have made this years ago. It was about 10 minutes of prep time and about 30 minutes to bake. It was ready to eat by the time the kids made it back in from playing outside with their runny noses and rosy cheeks.
Here is the recipe:
- 4 Medium Tart Cooking Apples Sliced ( I diced mine ) about 4 cups
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of All- Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Quick Cooking or Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3 Cup Soft Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg (I skipped that)
- Served with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Heat oven 375 degrees . Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- Spread apples in pan . In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except ice cream, then sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with ice cream.