Learn How to Make Your Own DIY Globe Pendant Lights
My husband and I have been busy with home projects. Some DIY and some are outsourced. There is nothing I love more as an adult is making my living space more enjoyable. And anyone that knows me, knows I love a good deal. Saving money seems to be a hobby of mine.
I was online one day and stumbled upon this video of these ladies showing how to make these pendant light fixtures and thought that seems affordable, creative and perfect for our study area in our home.
How To Make A Globe Pendant Lamp
- Remove the globe from the metal stand.
- Place the globe in a bowl to keep it from rolling around as you work.
- Cut an opening in the top of the globe (Pro tip: Use the Arctic Circle as a general guide).
- Flip it over and repeat the same step for the bottom of the globe, but this hole should be the size of your pendant light.
- Use sandpaper to scrape away any rough edges around the openings.
- Drill holes into the globe on your favorite cities, so the light shines through your favorite places.
- Feed the pendant light through the holes.
- Add an LED bulb (these don't get as hot when left on).
- Hang it!
I just think this pendant light fixture is fantastic. For people who love to travel, or looking for something unique to class up their study area or office. It's a real show stopper.