Hang Out with friends with Netflix Party
I love to watch Netflix in comfy clothes, favorite blanket and relax. But now I don’t have to do it alone. Don’t worry, with this whole Corona Virus thing going on it’s not actually in person.
Netflix has you covered, it doesn't mean you and your friends have to skip your movie nights or TV watch parties. You can still do it virtually.
Google Chrome extension called Netflix Party, groups of friends can get together virtually and watch their favorite Netflix titles on their computers at the same time. The extension also comes with a chat room, so you can share your reactions to the programs as you watch. Kind of like we did back in the 90’s with AOL.
If this sounds awesome to you all you need to have is Google Chrome browser, the extension and a Netflix subscription.
1. Go to netflixparty.com on a Google Chrome browser and click "Get Netflix Party for free!" This will redirect you to Netflix Party's page on the chrome web store.
2. Click "Add to Chrome" and then click "Add extension" in the pop-up window. Netflix Party will then be added to the top right corner of your Google Chrome browser, next to the address bar. It will have the initials "NP."
3. Make sure your friends have downloaded "NP" onto their Google Chrome browsers as well.
4. Using your Google Chrome browser, go to Netflix.com, and play the show or movie you all want to watch.
5. Then click the "NP" button on your browser. You'll also have the option of making yourself the one in charge of pausing, fast-forwarding and rewinding by checking the "Only I have control" box. If you don't, anybody in your party will be able to use these features.
6. Click "Start the Party" and copy the URL that appears. Send this URL to the people you want to join your party.
7. Once your friends open the link, they should log into Netflix and hit the "NP" button on their Google Chrome browsers.
8. You should now be synced up! Enjoy your program. You can also communicate with each other via group chat on the right side of the screen. Choose a festive user icon and screen name and share all your binge-watching feels through messages, screenshots, emojis and GIFs.
I think this will help pass time all cooped up with this whole quarantine. Hopefully, this helps you too!
You can hear Alli Mae weekday mornings with ‘David & Alli In The Morning’ on 96.7 The River, Central Minnesota’s Greatest Hits