It’s Stearns County Fair Week!
Born and raised in Minnesota, I've lived in five different states and been to dozens of county fairs over the years (and loved them all), but none quite get it done like my favorite: the Stearns County Fair in Sauk Centre. Here's your guide to this week's extravaganza.
2017 Fair Dates & Hours
- WED 7/26: 10 AM to 10 PM (Midway 3p-10p)
- THU 7/27: 7 AM to 10 PM (Midway 3p-10p)
- FRI 7/28: 7 AM to 10 PM (Midway Noon-10p)
- SAT 7/29: 7 AM to 10 PM (Midway Noon-10p)
- SUN 7/30: 7 AM to 8:30 PM (Midway Noon-8:30p)
Ever Been to a Demolition Derby?
Most drivers use some sort of strategy to win first place, whether it’s ramming into other cars with abandon or lying in wait to preserve their car for as long as they can.
2017 Stearns County Fair Entertainment
Ok, so there's crazy rides, fun games, fair food, and people watching -- but what else do I need to make sure I don't miss? (Like rides, fried cheese curds, and corn dogs aren't enough.)
- Live music (and lots of it).
- Karaoke (not to be confused with live music, LOL).
- An antique tractor parade.
- 4-H exhibits: These kids work (and play) HARD and sleep for a full week after the fair.
- A horse show.
- Ranch rodeo (no bull riding here)!
- Lego contest.
- Talent contest.
My 'What Not to Miss' List
- Ranch Rodeo: I lived in Montana for 20 years and this will amaze & entertain you (WED 7p)
- Demolition Derbies of course. ( I want to drive in 2018.)
- 50¢ ice cream cones from the Stearns County Dairy Association (SAT 12p-1:30p)
- Rabbit Agility (5p SAT) <-- This will have you laughing hysterically! (This has my personal 5-star rating!!!)
- Draft horse parade & show (7p SAT)
- Sunday (2p-5p) Ride Wristband Special ($30 + 3 cans of soup = 3 wristbands for 3 hours)
Thanks to Vern, Shannon, Jackie, and Jodie along with the rest of the Fair Board, County Commissioners, Superintendents, and volunteers for making 2017 another amazing year at the Stearns County Fair!