Local Pilot Featured in National Magazine
UNDATED (WJON News) - A local pilot, and his home-built plane, will be featured in a national magazine.
Zach Jackson, of Brainerd, will be featured in the February issue of Sport, a magazine published by the Experimental Aircraft Association.
Get our free mobile app
Jackson’s J-3 Piper Cub replica was hand built so he could include a larger engine and pontoon floats so it can land on water.
The plane won the Grand Champion Gold Lindy Award at last year’s E-A-A AirVenture, a week-long fly-in convention in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
The Experimental Aircraft Association boasts 900 chapters and over 270,000 members.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Xcel tests power storage technology in Becker
- Xcel applies with state to extend Monticello nuclear plant's lifespan
- MPCA fines Becker business for emissions violations
- Big Lake welcomes new police dog
- Frosty Fobbe the giant snowman takes up residence in Buffalo