Some Tips To Know Before Shopping at Costco
I've only been in Costco once. Jay and I stopped in a store in another town just to see what all the fuss was about. We couldn't purchase anything without a membership, but they did let us look around, and we were able to take advantage of some of the samples!
Costco will be opening in St. Cloud this summer. And according to CBS News, here are a few Costco tips that might help!
1. If you really want to just try out shopping at Costco, but you don't have a membership, have a friend (who does have a membership) pick up a gift card for you!
2. If a price ends in .97 it means it's been marked down.
3. If a price ends in .00 or .88 it means it's clearance and might not be around for long.
4. Look for the returned items shelf. They're placed in a special section for a fraction of the original price.
5. You can still get a hot dog and soda for just $1.50.
6. Go hungry! Costco has a policy to encourage vendors to give out unlimited samples. So don't be afraid to go back for seconds!
7. Costco members can get a free health screening!
8. Bring your own totes. Costco will provide boxes, but they're sometimes hard to carry. They don't provide bags.
There are more things to know before you hit the new store this summer. Click here to see the full list of tips.