Stearns County History Museum Hosting ‘Scarecrow Challenge’
Is decorating pumpkins too mainstream for you? How about decorating a scarecrow?
The Stearns County History Museum is hosting a Scarecrow Challenge for fall 2020. This contest started on September 19th, and runs through October 23rd. Participants are invited to create their own scarecrow and share it online:
Create your scarecrow, take a picture, and share it with us for a chance to win a prize! Follow this page to keep up with updates, rules and instructions, and to see others' creations!
The official rules are as follow:
- Make your own scarecrow at home, using whatever materials you have. Get as inventive and creative as you wish.
- Take a photo of your scarecrow creation, and feel free to invite family and friends in on the photo.
- Post the photos to the official event page using the hashtag #stearnscarecrowchallenge.
- The photos with the most "likes" on their scarecrow will be the winners. There will also be a staff-voted winner.
- Winners will be announced when the contest ends after October 23rd.
I'm racking my brain for things I have sitting around my house that would make a good scarecrow. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- An old t-shirt
- A ball you could draw a face on
- Pumpkin for a head
- Broom for arms
- Funny hats
- Snorkle mask/old swimsuit for a summer theme
- Pillow for a body
- Last year's Halloween costume to make it extra festive
- Christmas ornaments to make a Holiday themed scarecrow
- Glow sticks to make it glow-in-the-dark
If you make a scarecrow, share it with us on the 98.1 Mobile App, we would love to see your creation!