This Minnesota Community College is #1 in the Country
Many people lean toward attending a community college for a trade or because of the cost. This specific Minnesota college is #1 in the US, but not everybody can get into it.
Wallethub just release their list of 2017's top community colleges report. They looked at 700 community colleges around the country and used 14 different metrics to give each college a score.
Some of the metrics used were cost and fees, and student-faculty ratio to graduation rate. Based on the metrics used, each college received an overall score that determined their rank among the others.
The #1 community college in the country turned out to be the Leech Lake Tribal College in Minnesota! The rest of the top 10 are:
- 2nd - Cochise County Community College District (AZ)
- 3rd - Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (WI)
- 4th - Stella and Charles Guttman Community College (NY)
- 5th - Blackfeet Community College (MT)
- 6th - Aaniiih Nakoda College (MT)
- 7th - Ilisagvik College (AK)
- 8th - Northern Oklahoma College (OK)
- 9th - Mesalands Community College (NM)
- 10th - Lake Area Technical Institute (SD)
Congrats to the Leech Lake Tribal College! Keep in mind that you can't just attend the college like most of the other Minnesota community colleges. You need to take a blood test to prove your ability to attend the college, by having Indian blood (Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB)).