Pop Quiz! Can You Correctly Answer These Six 80’s Music Trivia Questions?
During Thursday's River Morning Show, Adam popped an 80's music quiz on Abbey.
Abbey needed to guess five out of six correctly for a passing grade; she got four. Can you correctly answer all six of these 80's music trivia questions:
1. After Bon Scott -- the original lead singer of AC/DC -- passed away of acute alcohol poisoning in 1980 who replaced him?
A. Brian May
B. Brian Johnson
2. Tbilisi Rock Festival, held March 1980, was the first state-sanctioned rock music festival in what former country?
B. United Arab Republic
C. Soviet Union
3. In March 1981, Ozzy Osbourne bit the heads off of two what at a record label gathering in Los Angeles? (Rumor has it he did it to shut up a PR woman)
4. MTV started broadcasting in the US on August 1 1981 and was the first channel to play music videos 24 hours a day. What was the first music video to play on MTV?
A. “Every Breath You Take” by the Police
B. “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
C. “Video Killed the Radio Star” by The Buggles
5. Which artist’s music was banned by the South African Apartheid government in 1985 after he dedicated an Oscar he won to political prisoner Nelson Mandela?
B. Stevie Wonder
C. Bob Dylan
6. Which group became the first Western pop group to perform in China in April 1985? (They played a concert in Beijing’s Workers Stadium during an historic 10-day visit)
B. Huey Lewis and the News
Here are the answers:
1. B - Brian Johnson
2. C - Soviet Union
3. A - Doves
4. C - “Video Killed the Radio Star” by The Buggles
5. B - Stevie Wonder
6. A - Wham!
How many did you guess correctly?
Famous People Who Visited St. Cloud in the 80s