Taco Bell Is Dropping It’s ‘Mexican Pizza’ & Shredded Chicken
2020 has been a year many of us would rather forget. Sure there have been some really cool things to happen like an MN connection to the Kentucky Derby, our first, and hopefully last, digital county fair, and of course the best of all was this guy trying to get the term boneless wings dropped. Get ready for another change in 2020, this time it will affect all the Taco Bell fans. Taco Bell is conducting some changes to its menu beginning on November 5th. Let's see what's being dropped from the menu, before we see what is being added.
Taco Bell yesterday released it's latest menu items that are coming out in 2020. But to make room for these new items, more on those in a bit, they needed to drop some items from the menu. The first item being dropped from the menu is the Mexican Pizza. Fans of the meal have the packaging to thank for the exit from the menu. Taco Bell states that "Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S."
Also saying 'Adios' to the menu will be shredded chicken. That means no shredded chicken burritos, quesadillas, or tacos. In its place, Taco Bell is going with a grilled and sliced chicken breast. Also before we get into the new menu options, there are two menu items that might not be on the menu board but you can still order them! According to Taco Bell:
"We also want to remind everyone that many of the menu items thought to be gone for good can still be ordered.
- Quesarito: While the Quesarito may be gone from our restaurant menu boards, there was never a need to fully say goodbye. You can still order the Quesarito digitally via our mobile app, which allows for a more seamless ordering experience.
- 7 Layer-Burrito: The 7-Layer Burrito may be gone, but Taco Bell’s menu is easy to customize. We encourage guests to play around on our mobile app or on our website, you never know what fan favorites you can recreate!"
Ok, so what's new that Taco Bell is rolling out in November? Here we go!
- Chicken Chipotle Melt - "featuring marinated all-white-meat grilled chicken, creamy chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese rolled and melted together. Fans can get their hands on the new $1* Chicken Chipotle Melt starting November 5."
- Dragonfruit Freeze - a tropical frozen beverage swirled with a burst of dragonfruit flavor, available nationwide starting September 24.
- Green Sauce - Regional - Side note on the green sauce, I couldn't find out which regions the sauce would be available in, so maybe here in MN? The sauce has "flavors of fire-roasted green chilies, pureed jalapeño, and hatch green chiles to ensure it has an extra kick that pairs perfectly with any menu item. The green sauce will be returning to select markets nationwide starting November 5."
It will be sad to see those items go, but I can't wait to try some of the new options.
CHECK IT OUT: See the 100 most popular brands in America