Nuclear Drill Planned in Monticello
The annual drill will test the readiness of local, state, and federal agencies to respond to an incident at the plant.
Get our free mobile app
Agencies participating in the drill include:
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- Xcel Energy
- Sherburne and Wright Counties
- City of Monticello
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- FEMA Region 5
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Volunteer Agencies
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture, Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board, Health, Human Services, Military Affairs, Natural Resources, State Patrol, Transportation, Pollution Control, and Education.
Residents shouldn’t be alarmed by emergency responders during the drill.
READ RELATED ARTICLES
- Minnesota PUC Approves Xcel Rate Increase
- Central Minnesota Farm Income Climbs
- Stearns and Mille Lacs County Send Princesses to “Miss Kay”